IGNORED

Tail of the Dragon! I made it!

Godlover

My wife and I spent a week in Tennessee and had a great time. Left the bike at home but ended up on the Tail of the Dragon. We were at Cades Cove and took a secondary road out of the park and ended up on the Tail of The Dragon as got off the secondary road. I came around a corner and they were taking pictures. So, here's proof that I made it but it wasn't how I visioned it in my dreams!! Maybe next time it will be on a cycle!!!!

My wife and I spent a week in Tennessee and had a great time. Left the bike at home but ended up on the Tail of the Dragon. We were at Cades Cove and took a secondary road out of the park and ended up on the Tail of The Dragon as got off the secondary road. I came around a corner and they were taking pictures. So, here's proof that I made it but it wasn't how I visioned it in my dreams!! Maybe next time it will be on a cycle!!!!

It looks like Audry has her hands over her eyes?

You must have driven the Fontana Dam road. a very scenic route.

The road we took was a one way trail out of Cades Cove! Exciting!

I had to look around to find that. Is that paved all the way, or is it gravel/dirt?

It comes into the Dragon as Parson Branch Rd.

hmm. I wonder why you went that way? :)

I did the dragon the first time this year, also in a car. My son and I took a side trip on the way back from scoping out a location for a car convention, and did the dragon. I drove up, he drove back down. We had lunch at the restaurant at the tree of shame, and then drove the Cherohola? Skyway to complete a really nice side trip. Now I need to get there on my bike.

I had to look around to find that. Is that paved all the way, or is it gravel/dirt?

It comes into the Dragon as Parson Branch Rd.

hmm. I wonder why you went that way? :)

Yeah - it was Parson Branch Road - fitting since both my wife and I are pastors! We went that way because the traffic in Cades Cove was stopped and it was going to take forever. People were taking pictures of bears. Anyway - it was a nice gravel road!

Yeah - it was Parson Branch Road - fitting since both my wife and I are pastors! We went that way because the traffic in Cades Cove was stopped and it was going to take forever. People were taking pictures of bears. Anyway - it was a nice gravel road!

Parsons branch road is a forest service road and it is a one way road.You would not like to see the fine going the wrong way.By the way,my ancestors settled in Cades cove when they mightated from Germany.The CABLE grist mill and the Becky Cable house are some of my distant relatives.I have a copy of the original deed where they owned those properties.

Parsons branch road is a forest service road and it is a one way road.You would not like to see the fine going the wrong way.By the way,my ancestors settled in Cades cove when they mightated from Germany.The CABLE grist mill and the Becky Cable house are some of my distant relatives.I have a copy of the original deed where they owned those properties.

That is cool - Cades Cove is a must see for anyone who travels to that area!

I rode the tail back in 2003 on a Yamaha 1600 Silverado from the motorcycle camp through the 318 hare pin turns in 11 miles. I meet all kinds of vehicles on coming in the turns.After turning around at the bottom and returning to where I started I was wore out. I couldn't safely

do another run. So I bought the TEE SHIRT and still proudly wear it once and a while.

I personally wouldn't venture it on my Venture. I find it a little to top heavy