IGNORED

barron nasty boys 4 2 4

warriorhoneybee

Now now....don't go getting testy about it. :) You have to figure...how many people here even HAVE the 4-2-4 mufflers. I only know of a couple of sets myself and I don't think either of them are running different tips. It was a fair question but I'm not completely surprised that nobody had an answer.

So, you are the tester now. I hope you will report back on what you find.

Mark take your measurements with you and shop around the Auto Parts stores. I saw some chrome tips in one of them not long ago but didn't check them out. Or go to a exhaust place and see if they can make what you want out of stainless and have them chromed. Us 1st Gen owners learn to think outside the box!! Makes my head hurt...

I have two sets of 4-2-4's. Both have the Barons's smaller "family jewels" scalloped tips.

They look solid, thick, about 1/4" thick steel (or whatever they are), chromed, heavy.

When I got some Khrome Werks, the tips were just tin cans, near the same price, I think.

Keep life simple, just get the Baron's tips.

Mike G in SC

PS: didn't answer your post,,,,, cause I got the Baron's tips.

I have two sets of 4-2-4's. Both have the Barons's smaller "family jewels" scalloped tips.

They look solid, thick, about 1/4" thick steel (or whatever they are), chromed, heavy.

When I got some Khrome Werks, the tips were just tin cans, near the same price, I think.

Keep life simple, just get the Baron's tips.

Mike G in SC

PS: didn't answer your post,,,,, cause I got the Baron's tips.

Wow, you got rid of the Khrome Werks because you thought they were too loud and you went with the Baron 424 :rotf::rotf:

Every Baron 424 I have been around totally drowns out the Khrome Werks, one of the reasons I let BEER30 stays behind us :rotf::rotf:

Know of at least 3 RSTD and 2 (now 3 with Warrior) that have these pipes and they were all extremely loud.

Wow, you got rid of the Khrome Werks because you thought they were too loud and you went with the Baron 424 :rotf::rotf:

Every Baron 424 I have been around totally drowns out the Khrome Werks, one of the reasons I let BEER30 stays behind us :rotf::rotf:

Know of at least 3 RSTD and 2 (now 3 with Warrior) that have these pipes and they were all extremely loud.

George, That's a yes and a no.

The set on my RSTD for the last 3 years really are mellow compared to the Khrome Werks I put on the RSV.

Guess we need to meet up and find out. Hey I got an APP for that!! DB meter on my I-phone!

Loudest buys,,,,, lunch.

But,,,, the set of 4-2-4 I got for my RSV (after the Khrome Werks),,, yep LOUD.

I even got them down some by re-packing the baffles.

They are now in the barn!

With my trip from SC to Wisconsin a few weeks ago, I went back to stock.

You know what,,, now,, I kind of like the stock,, on the RSV.

My reference to the "tin can" was about the KW "tips". The mufflers were okay.

Just no weight or thickness on the tips. (I got the 15 degree slant.)

Hence, suggesting Warior go with the Barons' tips.

George, That's a yes and a no.

The set on my RSTD for the last 3 years really are mellow compared to the Khrome Werks I put on the RSV.

Guess we need to meet up and find out. Hey I got an APP for that!! DB meter on my I-phone!

Loudest buys,,,,, lunch.

But,,,, the set of 4-2-4 I got for my RSV (after the Khrome Werks),,, yep LOUD.

I even got them down some by re-packing the baffles.

They are now in the barn!

With my trip from SC to Wisconsin a few weeks ago, I went back to stock.

You know what,,, now,, I kind of like the stock,, on the RSV.

My reference to the "tin can" was about the KW "tips". The mufflers were okay.

Just no weight or thickness on the tips. (I got the 15 degree slant.)

Hence, suggesting Warior go with the Barons' tips.

Yeah, they do look like tin cans, kind of like the turn downs on Riderduke's, but the Mechanic liked the straight look better.