IGNORED

Lynchburg TN visit

TheKid

Myself and a buddy that is also a venture owner are going to be riding out to the world famous Lynchburg TN on Aug 12-14. It is a short trip but it gets us out of town and to an awesome place. We of course will tour the Jack Daniels Distillery, his first (I believe) and my I have lost count. We also have our reservations to the Noon time BBQ lunch at BBQ Hill on the Jack Daniels Distillery property for Aug 13. While out there we will of course get some great country road riding in. So my reason for posting is to see if any of you that have been or live nearby have any recommendations on good roads and eateries. I do know of TN 129 outside of town (not the dragon) is a nice ride. Also if there are any others that might be there local or out-of-towners that may want to meet up. If any of y’all have some input I look forward to the reading.

I used to live in Manchester and there are some great rides in the area.

Love Lynchburg.

Not sure how far you want to ride, but there are some fantastic rides up the mtn in Grundy County.

Take hwy 50 out of Lynchburg. It will take you by Tim's Ford Lake and into Winchester. Then take hwy 41 into Monteagle (some good places to eat up there) continue on 41 into Tracy City and then hwy 56 through Altamont and Beersheba Springs and on into McMinnville where you can hit hwy 55 which is a 4 lane for some easy rinding back to Tullahoma and on into Lynchburgh.

Its a pretty long ride but some beautiful contry.

If you want to go past McMinnville there is another beautiful area near Fall Creek Falls State Park.

Hwy 16 and 56 that go into Alabama are also beautiful rides if you want to go in that direction.

I sure do miss living up there because there is nothing that can compair down here in Miami.

Thanks so much for the info. We are actually staying in Manchester. Are there any good pubs/clubs to go out to in town? I have road some roads out there before. Have stayed in Winchester also and took 50 into Lynchburg. Will have to check out all the other roads that you mentioned. I believe McMinnville is having a BBQ cook off that weekend as well so we may have to check that out. Thanks again for the info.

Ride Safe

I used to live in Manchester and there are some great rides in the area.

Love Lynchburg.

Not sure how far you want to ride, but there are some fantastic rides up the mtn in Grundy County.

Take hwy 50 out of Lynchburg. It will take you by Tim's Ford Lake and into Winchester. Then take hwy 41 into Monteagle (some good places to eat up there) continue on 41 into Tracy City and then hwy 56 through Altamont and Beersheba Springs and on into McMinnville where you can hit hwy 55 which is a 4 lane for some easy rinding back to Tullahoma and on into Lynchburgh.

Its a pretty long ride but some beautiful contry.

If you want to go past McMinnville there is another beautiful area near Fall Creek Falls State Park.

Hwy 16 and 56 that go into Alabama are also beautiful rides if you want to go in that direction.

I sure do miss living up there because there is nothing that can compair down here in Miami.

The area isn't much for clubs, but there is a "coconut" something or other at exit 110 off of I24 that my daughter used to party at.

There is some awesome mexican food at a place beside the highschool on hwy 55.

Prater's BBQ is on the right about half way to McMinnville and they aways win the awards for best food.

The best clubs are in Nashville which is about an hour up I24

If you end up in Winchester take 16 towards Hytop, AL. At AL line it changes to 79. (a nice side trip off 79 is http://crowmtn.com/ if you would like some fresh peaches or apples) continue on 79 and turn right on 146. It will take you down the mountain where 146 will turn into 65. Turn left on 65 and it will take you to US 72 about 25 miles from Huntsville(lots of stuff to see and do in HSV, used to be the home of Eck). Or stay on 65, it will change to 97 when you cross back over into TN and will drop you out in Huntland, TN and hwy 64. Easy to get back to Lynchburg from there. Sewanee, TN above Winchester has several roads that are nice and the campus of University of the South there is beautiful. My wife and I take day trips into this area as often as we can.

If you end up in Winchester take 16 towards Hytop, AL. At AL line it changes to 79. (a nice side trip off 79 is http://crowmtn.com/ if you would like some fresh peaches or apples) continue on 79 and turn right on 146. It will take you down the mountain where 146 will turn into 65. Turn left on 65 and it will take you to US 72 about 25 miles from Huntsville(lots of stuff to see and do in HSV, used to be the home of Eck). Or stay on 65, it will change to 97 when you cross back over into TN and will drop you out in Huntland, TN and hwy 64. Easy to get back to Lynchburg from there. Sewanee, TN above Winchester has several roads that are nice and the campus of University of the South there is beautiful. My wife and I take day trips into this area as often as we can.

Beautiful trip....I've taken it a couple of times.

Guest scarylarry

There are some great watering holes in the area, but clubs like another poster said they are in Nashville or Chatt.

As for eating at Lynchburg the best place is Iron skillet the BBQ place at the other end of the strip is pricey and wasn't that great..

I'm with you on the dragon done it once and that was enough..

The area lakes in Lynchburg have great riding