jachuck49

I have had the Oddesy 680 and now a DEKA and both worked very good. I put the Oddesy in my son's 86 and am running the DEKA. I have been in some hot places with the bike recently and had to start it hot and the DEKA did fine. With a good battery and upgraded cables, these bikes do ok.

Where are you getting the Ventura name from?

RandyA

I just put the Odessy battery in mine this spring. The dealer replaced the old stock battery last year with a interstate battery and it was shot after one year. I had an Odessy battery in my last bike and never had a problem with it so that's what I bought.

DEKA AGM hands down! Out performs the Odessy for CCA and is AMERICAN made.

I'm into my 3rd season with the DEKA in my '84. No issues at all and shows 12.8 on the digital voltmeter every time I hit the switch. My battery tender has been in a box on the shelf since I installed the DEKA. Just don't need it.

I do not believe you can find a better battery for the money.

Got mine from Bohannon but skydoc_17 is selling them also.

:2cents:

Mike

I have had the Oddesy 680 and now a DEKA and both worked very good. I put the Oddesy in my son's 86 and am running the DEKA. I have been in some hot places with the bike recently and had to start it hot and the DEKA did fine. With a good battery and upgraded cables, these bikes do ok.

Where are you getting the Ventura name from?

RandyA

jachuck49.....janet/chuck49 Part of both our name and we were 49 when we got our first computer......62 yrs old now.