IGNORED

Rerouting Throttle Cables

I've got a set of RSTD bars on the way to install on ol' blue and I'm looking for all the information I can find on rerouting the throttle cables. Anybody have any tips or even pics to help a guy figure all of this out? I'm a little mechanically challenged.:confused24:

With the cables loose from the hand grip, pull them back towords the left of the bike as you sit, then re-route through the forks, or between, if you refer. sorry I didn`t take pics. Note: The cables really need to be longer, They will work, but on mine, when turning the bars all the way to one side, like backing out of the shop, the cables will bind enough so that it makes the throttle stick, I never turn this sharp while riding so not a problem for me, but I will be changing out all cables as the funds become available.

Good luck'''

I've got a set of RSTD bars on the way to install on ol' blue and I'm looking for all the information I can find on rerouting the throttle cables. Anybody have any tips or even pics to help a guy figure all of this out? I'm a little mechanically challenged.:confused24:

This thread is likely what you are looking for.. pretty good how to on the whole changeout

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37770

I did replace my cables though when I did it as I did not want to route them in front.. but it apparently does work that way..

correction:

I only replaced the front Brake lines

with Galfer lines from Cycle Brakes

model FK003D463-3+3

$149

The other cables and wires had slack to use.

Disclaimer.. this is for RSTD though.. sorry Just noticed you have RSV

Edited by Globewalker