What do you think will happen when I go to a

G basket from an I basket, had a H basket in the begining? I basket made no change.:confused24:

When the dealer was supposed to put an " I " basket in mine, they goofed and put in a "G" basket. Made no difference at all. Got them to replace it with an " I " basket and it helped. This does not suggest that it won't work for you. The problem with changing out the basket in hopes of curing the whine/chirp is that it is a "trial-and-error" process ... there are no guarantees.

I've read where some folks are putting in a basket from a 1st gen. If I remember correctly, if using a MK1 setup, you need the whole clutch assembly but if using a MK2, just the basket ... but don't quote me on this as I suffer from C.R.S. (Can't Remember Sh^t) :rotf:

OK- I switched out the I-basket to the G-basket today and went for a ride, 10 mi.. Seemed to reduce the noise level about 30%. So far no Cricket just a Whine sound.. When I had the cricket sound the level was so bad you could not here the radio-sound level 17.. The G-basket was used, out of a 2007 Venture with low miles.. Bought on E-bay for 65.00.. I had the I-basket in for 4yrs, just kept getting louder. Hope it last for a while before Mr. Cricket comes back...