IGNORED

Grip Puppies

Phoneman1981

Hello: I like the stock grips with my modified bar end weights on my RSTD, but have often thought that a slightly larger grip might be nice. After searching and reading about grips here on the site, I decided to order a set of Grip Puppies. They arrived this week. I hope to have time to install them this morning. Any hints or tips. I see soapy water is the key? Thanks....

Yep, just getting the inside wet is the key. I was in a hurry when I installed mine so I just grabbed a can of something off of the shelf in the garage and squirted it inside. I think it may have even been Armor All, LOL.

I've had mine on the bike for about 8 months now and I love them. The stock grips on an RSV are not cushioned at all and I thought they were small ever for my little hands. Put the grip puppies on and it was a night and day difference. The cushy foam absorbs any vibration and the larger grip size keeps my hands more relaxed and I'm no where near as tired at the end of a long day of riding. I got two pair for $8 on ebay, so they're cheap enough to give it a try.

They are a good, cheap, quick fix for stock grips.

Yep, very soapy, might even just squirt some liquid hand soap right in them. Then rinse with a hose real good and blot with a towel.

Adding the 1/4" (x2) or so dimension to the grips also cuts back on cramps or numbness.

I used them for a year or two before I went on to Kuryakyns.

But the Grip Puppies go on in a couple of minutes, last most of a year then you just put on another set that easy. They also take out the concern about how to make end weights work with aftermarket grips.