IGNORED

North Georgia trip...

jrcain32

OK you North Georgia folks, what roads are a must for the Helen, Dahlonega, Ellijay area? I have been there once but dont remember much about the area. What I do remember is the ride from Suches over Blood Mountain by way of Wolfpen Gap, I believe, was very interesting. What else is there in the area? I will be there Thursday and Friday.

Some nice rides and stops along the way....

356 from Helen to Batesville, and up 197 up past Lake Burton (great restaurant on right side at the top of the lake - - can't remember the name, but you can't miss it. It's right on the water). Awesome scenery on this road.

Then left on 76 up to Hiawassee to the marina on Lake Chatuge (tiki hut bar and grill at the marina- - great food, and a kick a$$ margarita with a splash of Gran Gala on the top!).

From there, head back south on 17 to Wolfpen Gap (180) to Sutches - - always a great ride, no matter how many times you've done it, but be sure to stop at TWO (Two Wheels Only) where it hits Rt. 60 for a chicken salad samage and some sweet tea. The best around!

For my money, the ride north on Rt. 60 all the way up to McCaysville on the TN line is the way to go.

From there I'd head south down to Elijay, and then across Fort Mountain to Chatsworth, and then northwest up to Ringgold, Ft. Oglethorpe and the Chickamauga National Military Park.

If you've done all that in one day, you went way too fast! Have fun....

I just typed a long reply and lost it....

I live in town in Dahlonega. I suggest a ride over to Ellijay for BBQ at Pooles, either lunch or dinner one of the days you're here.

PM me

Not Thurs before 2pm though.

Well, we've had heavy rain since yesterday afternoon here, and its supposed to continue all day. A storm front has stopped right over the top of us.

Did you get here?

No. Weather was just too iffy. We postponed our trip to a later date.