IGNORED

Venture Risers on a 96 RSTC

muaymendez1

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff009.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff015.jpg

these are Harley Wide glid bars . The are shorter than stock bars but wider as well which i did like.

i wanted them pulled back more and here they are with 99 venture risers. i think i may try the riser spacers to give 1 more inch of riser and 1 inch of pull back. So far i like it.

you can put a set of venture bars on it and get about 1" of rise and 1 1/2" of pull back. the venture bars are also about 2" close together than oem bars. i have venture b ars on my 01 royal star and got what i wanted in it. i also put them on my wife's 1100 and she likes them too. you can add the weight bars on the end of the venture bars. the 1100s has a shorter end weight that screws on the same way.

What a great forum and sorce of information this site is.

I have learned so much from all the different discussions and posts from all you guys.

It has been great to see everyones interest and sharing of knowledge

I am wondering if any one can help me out with some used parts.:fingers-crossed-emo

I have a 96 RS. But because I am a little short I would like to try the prevousley mentioned Venture risers.In order to bring the bars back a little closer to me

Unfortunatly here in Western Australia these bits are impossible to obtain except for new oem and that makes it a very expensive try out if it does not work for me.

However, if any one has a set of used, and regardless of the condition, if they would care to pass them along at a reasonable price I would be very happy to purchace them and of course pre pay the postage to here in Aus.. The standard bars on my RS, are one inch in diameter. Is this the same diameter as the Venture Riser fitment.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards

Winston 66

:cool10::cool10::cool10: :whistling::fingers-crossed-emo

you can put a set of venture bars on it and get about 1" of rise and 1 1/2" of pull back. the venture bars are also about 2" close together than oem bars. i have venture b ars on my 01 royal star and got what i wanted in it. i also put them on my wife's 1100 and she likes them too. you can add the weight bars on the end of the venture bars. the 1100s has a shorter end weight that screws on the same way.

I hear what you are saying. I had no the stock bars on and they felt right but I wanted diffferent bars. i wanted space to mount things on and I wanted my arms spread apart a bit more. So i got these road glide bars but then realizd they were shorter. 2 inch less rise and that made me lean over when riding.

So these risers made it right. i have a set of riser spacers I will try out in a few days and see if I like those on or go back to what i have now.

As for ausie. i found the risers on ebay. And there were alot of items over seas that I refrained from buying due to the shipping. But you are overseas so shipping should be less to you than to the states.

It just so happens that I just bought a set o 02 Venturer risers from Pinwall on Ebay last night. They should be here around the end of the week and have them install them over the weekend. I will be installing them on my 96 RSTD. I was also thinking about adding the 1.5 in riser extention, but I wanted to see what the risers were like before I spend the money on something I might not need. :178:

ToyOdie. You gotta call m man we have the same bike and I ordered my risers from Pinwall. You aregonnarun into asmall problem. The 02 risers have a longer stud than on the 96. I went to my local hardware store and picked up steel 3/4" pipe about an inch long in order to mount them. You wont be able to get a wrench on the nut now because the tree has tuff in the way. A 19 mm or 3/4 socket fits perfectly. Good luck. Ill pm you my phone number

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff039-1.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff005-1.jpg

The longer stem willnot allow the nut to be tightened and will allow play (lots of it) in your risers. ANy spacer should work. A few washers or pipe or nut.

the bars on the newer tds are wider than your stock ones.yamaha also jas some small plastic risers which fits the risers and triple tree, they are about 1/2" thick. i haven't seen any lately, down know if they still offer them. you can go to lowes or home depot and they have several differant size plastic washer which may work, and they will take up the extra lenght of the venture risers. i have a set of venture risers which i will sell if anybody wants them. i think i gave $20 plus about $5 shipping. i'll take my money back for them.

Hi tas mocycle,

Because I am here in Australia way down in the down under, where the gravity makes the blood go to you head ,n, and other un mentioned parts, everything ia a little more difficult to organize

I have worked out how i can pay you for the risers once you have worked out the freight costs. I can purchase a gift card from Bike bandit .com or some other parts retailer, in the USA. to be sent direct to you by email for the required amount .

If this is ok with you they will contact you with the details of your credit which i will pay for before you send the risers to me.

If you let me know what your final cost is ,i can let you know if i want to go ahead with the deal.

Let me know if this is ok, otherways you might like to nominate another retailer that offers a guift certificate that you would be happy with.

Regards Winston 66.

kipa02@westnet.com.au

Regards Winston66 :fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by winston66
Spelling etc