IGNORED

Works Shock and Leveling LInks.

I have my buddy's bike in the garage to do a clutch overhaul.. riding his bike over here, I noticed how much more agile his bike is compared to mine.. Keep in mind I had thought to have blown my Works shock on the last road trip but turned out to be only in need of adjustment.. Who would have thought the roads here in Nova Scotia were nicer than down in the USA? I had hit a huge divot of a hole on the interstate that threw me up out of the seat and the handling went to hell after that. An adjustment to the rebound on the road fixed most of it, and adjusting the preload when I got home brought the bike back to normal, so all is good there..

However, as mentioned before, I thought my bike handled nimbly but his bike is much more nimble than mine.. The only difference is that I have the Works shock and his has the stock OEM shock..

When I measured the rear of the bikes, at the rear corner of the right saddle bag, with the handle bars turned all the way over, and on level ground in the garage, my bike sits 1 inch taller than his at this point.. We both have leveling links installed.

Does the Works shock and leveling links affect each other? I'm curious if the leveling links has my bike a little too tall now and affecting the handling a bit.. If I were to go back to OEM links, would it make a difference in the positive?

Anyone else with a Works shock notice this?