IGNORED

Dang, look what popped out of my wheel!

FutureVentures

So, preparing for a nice 90 minute ride to camp, checked the air pressure on the front and after removing the tire gauge, whoosh!

All the air came rushing out. Much to my dismay, the whole stem came out too.

Guess it's time to replace the whole valve stem with something other than rubber? Glad this happened in the garage though and not on the road.

Well this is very upsetting. On top of my valve stem ejecting itself onto my garage floor, my tires are no longer made.

Since I'll have to pop the tire to replace the valve stem I thought I should replace it.

Calling everywhere to find the tire and come to find out that Maxxis no longer even makes street tires. Apparently they were getting sued doe to wrecks caused by their tires!

Well maybe this is a blessing in disguise, but damn, I like those tires!!!

Ok, any WhiteWall tire recommendations?

In a pinch A C Clamp will break the bead of the tire a new valve can be aqquired at any local tire shop a lil spit and presto new valve in place. A valve core tool will make seating the bead much quicker. In my emergency bag I carry plugs reamer valve core tool valve cores and 1 extra valve. Its not crazy because all this fits in the size of a wallet.

Ive had to replace one valve. Although at home I replaced it in the driveway with only the tools I had on me. The C Clamp I ahd to get in the shed but if on the road ahardware store can supply this.

Best of luck. Jose

• 2 months later...

So, I didn't wanna ride recalled tires anymore. Got the Dunlop 404's WWW and who, they're nice. Bike road a lot different.

Hard to explain but in turns, seemed like it wanted to turn more than the other tires. It really sets a groove and keeps it.

I much prefer these over the Maxxis Classics.