IGNORED

Flag question

pick

For Memorial Day I bought a new flag to hang. I also have a POW/MIA flag that I was to display with it. They will be flown on post on my ront porch in ront of my door.Question is, facing my house, does the American Flag go on the right or left???????????

From 'Flag Rules and Regulations' web site:

4. When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the right of the flag of the United States (the viewer's left). When the flag is half-masted, both flags are half-masted, with the US flag at the mid-point and the other flag below.

I found another site with graphic representations. Makes it a little easier to understand. The American flag should always be to its' own right which is say when facing your house from the street, the American flag will be farthest to the left.

Edited by coy55boy