IGNORED

Texelent® Bar Mount Systems

tvanallen

I found this Texelent® Bar Mount System but in emailing the inventor found out that it is designed to work only on Gold Wings. I like the idea of a bar that traverses the handle bars that will allow me to use RAM mounts to attach the various accessories I have attached to the handlebars. I also want to have my Garmin 665 top and center in my field of vision. Anyone have any ideas on an alternative? Thanks.

I found this Texelent® Bar Mount System but in emailing the inventor found out that it is designed to work only on Gold Wings. I like the idea of a bar that traverses the handle bars that will allow me to use RAM mounts to attach the various accessories I have attached to the handlebars. I also want to have my Garmin 665 top and center in my field of vision. Anyone have any ideas on an alternative? Thanks.

That's something I have been thinking about.

Lowes sells 2" wide flat strip aluminum. It's $10 for 36" and it's 1/8th thick.

It should be substantial enough to fabricate a mount that clamps to the fairing frame at the side of the instrument pod, and make a mount that passes in front of, and just below the top surface of the instrument housing. That should provide a platform that is 2" deep by about 15 inches long.

If the aluminum isn't strong enough, they sell steel in similar sizes.

Not sure how I will do it, but I do need something like that.