IGNORED

New Guy/ 06 RSTD...Windshield

Just bought my first RSTD (2006, Midnight, 5400 miles). Love the bike but am looking at a different windshield. I am 6' tall and look right at the top of the stock one ( i prefer to look through rather than over a shield). I am considering the Clearview and the Cee Bailey. The Cee Bailey is available 24 " tall and the Clearview can get to 21.5" (I believe stock is 19.5").

Does anyone have any experience with either one?

Will the wider Clearview help with wind buffetting or will the taller Cee Bailey help more.

Should I get the recurve (on the clearview)...what about the vent?

I am trying to reduce helmet buffetting for me and my rider. Although the buffetting is much less on my RSTD than it was on my Honda VTX...I'd still like to reduce it if possible. Seems like the only buffetting I get is from over the top of the shield.

Thanks in advance....I have already picked up a great deal of info from this sight by just cruising through it...really appreciate it!!

I have both...if you go with the tall clearview I would not get the recurve. It holds moisture right in your line of sight (fog). It does do good job of protecting you, but due to it being wider and taller it feels like your pushing a sheet of plywood down the road. If you ride around 60-65 mph it wasn't an issue, but at 70-75 it was to me. I recommend the vent. Some have also complained about there customer service....I remember it takes awhile to get your order. I ended up having it cut down to bout 16".

I also have the standard size cee Bailey. On the taller one I couldn't say. On their shipping, I got it within a week. The down size with the bailey is you'll still get the affects from a windy day coming around the sides more so than the cleaview, but the taller one should knock the wind off your helmet.

I'm leaning towards the hoppe fairing next with the wind deflectors for this winter, others say it

provides better wind protection than our standard windshields. Hope this helps...jc

Edited by jfoster