IGNORED

NUTS!!

ThomWill

As so many here, no doubt know, the side cover over the coolant reservoir (and its mate on the starboard side) only have one functional fastener and two rubber mounted "posts". After working all day yesterday on the bike the last thing I had on my to do list was a quick check of the coolant level... I removed both bolts in the side panel, pointless, I know, but no harm, no foul. Then I tried pulling out on the panel, when it did not come out easily, I did not want to bend it so I decided that the lip must be inserted under the center panel (in front of said reservoir) so I removed the top bolt in the center. Can you hear it? "Click, tink,tink"... dang nut fell down behind that panel, but never hit the ground..pulled on the side panel again and it came out which is when I realized that I did not need to take that blasted bolt out to begin with... an hour of looking, rocking, cursing and disassembly later and I heard finally it hit the floor. :cool10:

OK...

I walk around the bike and slide the nut up behind that panel, put the screw through the hole.. and drop it again. :shock3: Can you hear it? "click,click" but not to the floor. Another hour of looking, rocking, and cursing and my wife made me go to bed without finding it "For my sanity" she said. :depressed:

Tonight I go back at it, and after loosening the reservoir that started all this, I see a loose nut lodged behind the bracket that hold the thing into the bike. A couple of quick bolts later and I have it... except it was not the one I dropped :confused24:

Pull the reservoir completely and wedged down in the coil brackets I find my missing nut. :cool10::cool10::cool10:

Now it is all back together... and I have a story to tell... 3 plus hours and 2 loose NUTS!

Oh... the coolant was fine.