Didn't like the big whip antennas and I never use the CB so now I got a single short black one. Removed the CB mount and tied it up under the trunk. Got a short black rubber universial from parts store for about 5 bucks. I had to make the threaded adapter by drilling and tapping a bolt but it works great cost little and it is what I was looking for.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/2508antenna_cropped_red_2_.JPG

Guest tx2sturgis

I like that !

Cool! You got a part number or something? And also, tell me about that LED lightbar...is that one of the JC whitney 14 inch bars?

No part number but it is a universal antenna that can be found at several Automotive Parts places like Pep Boys ($10) or Advance ($5) and cost less than 10 bucks. It comes with a choice of several double threated nipples to use, one for ford, mopar, or imported etc. The smallest was threaded 10/32 so I used it. I have box of metric bolts and junk from takeoffs so I found one that fit the female theaded hole on the antenna mount and it is a common size bolt but is metric. Put the bolt head in a vice and drilled the center out and tapped it 10/32 to make an adapter or reducing bushing so to speak. Cut it off the desired length using only the threaded part and screwed it all together. I also had a rubber grommet laying around I used to make a smooth transistion between parts but it wasn't really needed. The other side the mount was just unbolted and tywraped under the trunk out of sight. Wireing/cables were left attached. Both sides can be returned to stock with ease. The under trunk light is a SOMA and has both run and stop functions and sells for I believe 50 bucks at J&P and other places. It says for Goldwings but comes with a mount for Ventures also. No drilling required.

Guest dakotasport
Didn't like the big whip antennas and I never use the CB so now I got a single short black one. Removed the CB mount and tied it up under the trunk. Got a short black rubber universial from parts store for about 5 bucks. I had to make the threaded adapter by drilling and tapping a bolt but it works great cost little and it is what I was looking for.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/2508antenna_cropped_red_2_.JPG

Hey looks nice and i have one for ya all to, i got a short black steel and jus put it under the fearing and works awesome.......

You can also use an active antenna available at Pep Boys for $20. It is a flexible that I taped on the inside of the saddlebag cover. I ran it through a spare automotive 12 v relay I had hanging around along with the Pyle Marine radio/CD I installed in the right saddlebag of my '05 RSTD. The relay is controlled by tapping off a headlight or tailight wire because these come on with the ignition.

Converted mine to the short fiberglass ones too, exept I did the CB too. Use it on group rides. Check out the picks in my gallery. I really like how it ended up.

J

I took the antena off mine and removed the CB mount. I left the plug to the CB accessable so I could reinstall the mount and plug it back in if need for something like a large group ride or something like that. The FM mount I removed completely and repaced the antenna with this hidden antenna in the fairing. Now there isn't any visible antennas.

http://www.ecshylites.citymax.com/catalog/item/604191/368050.htm

The hidden antenna works well with FM but AM reception is not so good but I don't use AM anyway.