IGNORED

Scalarider Q2 multiset question

mmoffitt

Question for those of you using our know about this headset. I just got it in the mail and its charging but got a couple of questions.

1. Can the rider and passenger have their headsets paired to different phones? That way she can answer her phone and I can answer mine, but more importantly, when shes on her own bike with our without me along, I'm hoping it can be paired to her own phone.

2. Anyone using a Captivate phone with this set? Are you able to get your navigation over BT from the Captivate? I really dont want to spend $500 on aZumo if I can just use my phone...

3. Any other recommendations before we get started using them?

Thanks!

Mike

I dont think you can do the nav.

On my iPHONE, I can only pair the PHONE.. .and HAD to use the cable for music, etc.

I alleviated this by adding a charger thathad a FM modulator built in.

Turn on PHONE, turn on headset, turn on radio station... go.

On my phone, I can listen to turn by turn directions, while listening to the music on my phone... when a call comes in... cuts over to the phone , hand up and resumes playing. I do have to re-start the GPS (Mapquest app issue) but not that big a deal.

If I were to do it again... i would have gotten the G4 for the full bluetooth integration of the music.... hated using the cord... and the FM work MOST of the time (power lines and some station bleeding in certain areas... not a HUGE deal)

The FM modulator sounds like a viable option. I guess I'm always looking for the holy trinity: Cheap, good quality, feature rich. You can usually find any 2 out of 3 but finding all three is extremely hard!

The FM modulator works well enough

I was pissed at the cord for the music...bought hte FM as a temporary stop gap, before scuttling the Q2... used it all of last year, and for the few months that I have ridden this year.

I still might get the G4, and relegate this to a passenger...or sell used t oa buddy for small price when we ride together... so far, have not fel the need to do so. the FM modulator works well enough for my purposes.

Thanks! one more question. I notice on the Q2 that it charges through a regular household plug...we will be on the road for over a week and don't know where we will have electric. I figured I'd just charge them at night on the bike but not sure how best to do this...do I just plug an inverter into the bike and they plug the headsets into the inverter? I was afraid the inverter would drain the bike battery...or is there a 12v plug for the Q2 I should get? What have you guys done?