IGNORED

Lowered your RSV? Read this!

OK so I have the forks slid up an inch and then installed the barons rear lowering kit. I absolutely LOVE it. It handles fine and I can get my feet flat so i worry less. Only 2 real problems so far...I have dragged the mufflers once or twice leaving the driveway (change of riding habits can fix this one). The other problem is that riding 2 up on one of our fav roads at about 65 there is a dip that caused a strange noise and a rubber smell. Crawled under it and there is a bolt that sticks thru the inner fender about a 1/4 of an inch past the welded nut it screws into. it had scuffed the tire a bit as well. I pulled the rear seat and found the bolt and just put washers under it to shorten the extra amount that poked thru the fender. Hit that same spot today fully loaded with a head of steam and no problem at all!

So if you have the barons rear kit you might want to take a look at that bolt.

Frank

OK so I have the forks slid up an inch and then installed the barons rear lowering kit. I absolutely LOVE it. It handles fine and I can get my feet flat so i worry less. Only 2 real problems so far...I have dragged the mufflers once or twice leaving the driveway (change of riding habits can fix this one).

Actually not as when you have to perform an avoidance maneuver you have decreased the maximum lean angle of the bike which will increase the minimum turning radius at a given speed, so you may crash.

That is why I ALWAYS warn against lowering ANY motorcycle. Try to do other mods first like narrowing or lowering the seat or buying boots with thicker soles....etc.