IGNORED

Under the seat my foot! What was I thinking?

Snaggletooth

Ok, I finally got around to installing the Shindegen R/R that Dano hooked me up with a while back. Game plan.....under the seat install. No problem. Yeah right. Seems to be a lil tight under there or maybe my big tail section has just compessed it more than it should be. Maybe.

But I ended up installing it inside the left fairing mounted on the black inner fairing. I got rid of the amp for the cassette deck long ago and had a lil room to play with there. So I got it mounted up tonight and ran the new harness and capped the old wire and fired it up. Don't fret about the connectors.....it will all be soldered together tomorrow.

I know some of you have done this mod already but I was impressed with the output and how stable the charge was. The OEM R/R would always show a bit on ramping up and down on the digtal volt meter. Not this thing. I didn't get a good reading at idle yet as the bike was cold and I didn't run it very long but when I reved it up it jump right to 14.4 and sat there. No ramping at all. I threw on the two 65 watt driving lights (the true test) and it dropped to 14.2. And sat there. No ramping.

Not bad. So between Buckeyes upgrade stator, the Shindengen R/R and the DEKA AGM battery I don't think it can get any better than this. Great combination.

Some days ya win one.

Mike