IGNORED

What Bag?

Reddog170

i have magnetic tank bag that rode from ky to vegas with no problems i raised the head set cord from the holder clip to clear the bag, mine is a Marsee with a clear map pouch on top and is expandable works great. steve

Only thing, a magnetic bag will not stick to ABS plastic. You probably didn't notice, he is riding a 1st gen & sits above the fuel tank.

I think others have used, strap on tank bags, but not positive on this. :fingers-crossed-emo

I found a way to attach a small tank bag to my false cover last year. There are limiting factors to look at before buying one.

Too tall and wide and it will interfer with the handlebars when turning. Too long and it will cover the fuel access cover.

None the less I used snap kits I found at Westlake Hardware and installed three male section snaps into the cover using machine bolts instead of screws and epoxied an extra layer of ABS plastic sheeting on the inside of the tank cover to beef it up. The tank bag I used had three straps, one to the front and two running off each side of the rear of the bag. I installed the female snap sections into the ends of the straps. With the straps in place they snap on nicely and can still be adjusted to tighten the bag.

I can simply unsnap the whole thing and take it inside with me for the night.

I thought I had some pics handy but I guess not. I'll post some later tonight when I get some time. It's not a big bag but it can hold my GPS or a cell phone. I could still with a bigger bag using the installed snaps if needed.

Mike