IGNORED

Left pocket 12V accessory plug

Midrsv

Now that I've got the new GW it's time to get my electrical accessories (GPS, XM) installed. In addition, I want to install a 12V outlet for phone charger and air compressor use. There is a 12V acc plug under the left fairing pocket that is only fused at 5A. The instructions with the plug said to change the 5A fuse to 10A. I'm not going to do that.

I would like to use the existing power source to trigger a relay that is connected to the battery on a 20A fuse. From the relay I would feed both the GPS and 12V plug. My question is, is there a way to route a wire from the battery to the left pocket without pulling the shelter off?

It's hard to believe a bike like this doesn't come standard with a 12V port.

Dennis

Now that I've got the new GW it's time to get my electrical accessories (GPS, XM) installed. In addition, I want to install a 12V outlet for phone charger and air compressor use. There is a 12V acc plug under the left fairing pocket that is only fused at 5A. The instructions with the plug said to change the 5A fuse to 10A. I'm not going to do that.

I would like to use the existing power source to trigger a relay that is connected to the battery on a 20A fuse. From the relay I would feed both the GPS and 12V plug. My question is, is there a way to route a wire from the battery to the left pocket without pulling the shelter off?

It's hard to believe a bike like this doesn't come standard with a 12V port.

Dennis

Yeah, you can do it ..... IF Boomer's pygmies are smiling on you that day.

If you pull the left side covers, then remove the left pocket, you can use a coat hanger to fish the wire up under the left side of the shelter to get to the pocket area. You may get lucky and find an open 'channel' first time, or you may have to poke around awhile. But you should be able to do it. Just don't force it if you are feeling resistance.

Joe

Yeah, you can do it ..... IF Boomer's pygmies are smiling on you that day.

If you pull the left side covers, then remove the left pocket, you can use a coat hanger to fish the wire up under the left side of the shelter to get to the pocket area. You may get lucky and find an open 'channel' first time, or you may have to poke around awhile. But you should be able to do it. Just don't force it if you are feeling resistance.

Joe

That's sort of what I had in mind.

Dennis