IGNORED

Garmin 2730 Audio

dnager

I had a Street Pilot III wired with Kennedy Tech cable into the intercom on my RSV. That way I would get GPS directions over my headset while leaving the stereo / CD Player / And Aux port free.

I just got a Street Pilot 2730 and dont see any benefit of getting another Kennedy Tech cable for it because the 2730 has an MP3 player and XM Radio and I cant separate that from the GPS Directions. With that said should I just use the 2730's audio out port and plug it into my AUX port or is there a way to separate the GPS directions from the MP3 and XM Radio audio ? If I do that then I can not listen to the radio or CD player if I want to hear the GPS Directions. Am I getting this right ? It also has an FM Modulator but that will give me the same results.

Yes you can use the audio out port and plug to the AUX. I had a 2730 and it worked great this way on my Venture and my wing and could either let the sound come through the bike speakers or headset depending on the helmet I wore that day. You are correct however, there is no way I no of to seperate the GPS. I now use the unit in my F150 the same way.