It's done, and it was a job. My trip to Texas Hill Country resulted in a hole in the rear tire. Plugged it (twice) and got it home. I ordered a new tire and this weekend I decided to get it mounted. The tire & wheel came off the bike easy, as usual. My new super-duper tire-iron is really nice and the first bead came off without too much trouble. However, the second bead decide to be difficult. I called my neighbor for help and we still struggled for over 30 minutes! If my next tire change is this much trouble, I am buying one of those Harbor Freight tire changers . . .

:scorched:

BTW . . . Attached is the tire changing method I use.

Compliments of a gentleman on another forum

:biker:

I change all of mine just like that, albeit, without the drum.

I just lay an old stiff sided Dunlop on the floor, place my tire and rim on top, and do just what he did.

I have the Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer, but don't really like it.

You have to wrap all of the contact/clamping points up with bicycle inner tube or something or you're gonna scrape or gouge your rim. It just wasn't worth the trouble to do all that.

I really only use the bead breaker from it. I clamp it to the leg of my workbench for support and and that works well.

If my next tire change is this much trouble, I am buying one of those Harbor Freight tire changers . . .

HF no longer sells the MC changer:crying:. I looked at tire and due to large profile of tire overhanging rim, I am doubtful HF changer clamps could reach the rim anyway.

I have auto changing stand simular to HF and made MC changer tifit it out of 15" auto rim. Had to stick 2x4 to raise MC tire for auto bead breaker, but worked great.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56658

PS, DO add MiCarls 2x2 brace, had nasty lump on head from flying tire spoons-then added brace:bang head: