IGNORED

Anybody got these parts to spare????

krispy

One of my saddle bag rail bolts loosened up, and the bolt and end cap are missing-in-action. Any chance somebody out there has these parts on the shelf from a rail that that got wrecked in a drop, or who knows what happened??? Pictured below are the 2 pieces I'm missing, the bolt and the cap that is ahead of the saddle bag guard. The bolt goes thru the cap and the guard, and into the front end of the bag rail. 2006 RSV, by the way. Thanks for looking.:fingers-crossed-emo Larry

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w317/larrykir/Venture%20Saddle%20Bag%20Rail%20Parts/100_2777.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w317/larrykir/Venture%20Saddle%20Bag%20Rail%20Parts/100_2778.jpg

Thanks Donatalie!! Let's see what EUSA1 comes up with. So you're saying you were able to buy just the new parts that I'm looking for?? Or did you have to buy complete rail sets?? I figured that I wouldn't be able to buy "parts" of accessories, so didn't even ask at a dealer. Thought maybe someone would have some salvaged parts on here, so I gave that a try. Looks like it might work out. Great forum, thanks to great members. :clap2:

Larry

Larry,

i found both pieces, send me your address and i will send them to ya.

and the answer to your question....nope you can not buy them without puchasing the rails, they came off a crashed bike in 05

i don't want anything for them. mike

The parts arrived yesterday, and I went to put it together. I discovered the bolt hadn't worked out, but rather it broke of flush with the threads down in the rail. I let it soak for 24 hours with WD40, got a hole drilled in the bolt, tapped in an EZ out, and it turned out smooth as could be. Got lucky there. I've got the bike spread all over the shop right now. Doing Ponch's gauge set, among other things. Eventually it will go back together. Riding weather looks to be a long ways off for us. Thanks again guys, Larry