IGNORED

sea faom ??

painterman67

Ok folks Im coming to better minds than myself for this. I just used seafoam in my wifes 01 explorer in the crankcase. Ran it a while to get the oil up to ooperating temerater and then drained it while it was still hot. No problems and all seems to be fine. WHile I was waiting for things to drain I reread the side of the sea faom can. It says you can add it to the crannkcase at 1 1/2 onces to quart of oil and leave it in for prolonged cleanig. Is this adverse to the engine or will I be ok to do this. The explorer has almost 150,000 miles on her and still going strong so I dont want to mess things up but would love to have the peace of mind that Im doing all I can to keep it clean on the inside of the motor at least.

Any other ideas will be apreciated also. As soon as we get themoney we will also have it uned up completely as its on the original wires and plugs.

David

Ok folks Im coming to better minds than myself for this. I just used seafoam in my wifes 01 explorer in the crankcase. Ran it a while to get the oil up to ooperating temerater and then drained it while it was still hot. No problems and all seems to be fine. WHile I was waiting for things to drain I reread the side of the sea faom can. It says you can add it to the crannkcase at 1 1/2 onces to quart of oil and leave it in for prolonged cleanig. Is this adverse to the engine or will I be ok to do this. The explorer has almost 150,000 miles on her and still going strong so I dont want to mess things up but would love to have the peace of mind that Im doing all I can to keep it clean on the inside of the motor at least.

Any other ideas will be apreciated also. As soon as we get themoney we will also have it uned up completely as its on the original wires and plugs.

David

i used to dump a can in my truck and boat and run it for the day then change it works great

Dray

I know what the can says and I use a lot of Sea-Foam but don't feel comfortable running it all the time.

nor would I

I wouldn't run it in the oil of a wet clutch motorcycle.

Then again, I wouldn't use it in a car or truck either, If I wanted to enhance a car or truck's oil I'd use an oil additive.

didnt do it to enhance the Oil did it to free a stuck lifter and it worked at the end of the day as it cooled enough to not burn my hands i pulled the plug and drained it