IGNORED

Question for those with the Baron's lowering kit

The origional Royal Star ('96 - '01) wasn't as tall as the present bikes and the kick stand was shorter. I don't remember how much, but I am thinking it is a couple of inches. If the mounting is the same as the Venture, I don't know why you couldn't use the kick stand off the older Royal Star. If you want to know the legnth of the Royal Star kick stand, let me know. I know where there is one I can measure, or maybe one of the guys on here that rides one will help out.

just lowered my 07...........would like to do something with the kickstand, can't find any info on shorter ones......any ideas......

The origional Royal Star ('96 - '01) wasn't as tall as the present bikes and the kick stand was shorter. I don't remember how much, but I am thinking it is a couple of inches. If the mounting is the same as the Venture, I don't know why you couldn't use the kick stand off the older Royal Star. If you want to know the legnth of the Royal Star kick stand, let me know. I know where there is one I can measure, or maybe one of the guys on here that rides one will help out.

You are right. I just went out in the garage and did a measurment. Wifes 99 TD kick stand is around 13" and my 07 RSV kick stand is around 16 1/2". Very interesting. I didn't look at the mountings but I would guess they are the same. Later when I have more time I'll go back out and take a closer look. It's alittle cold out there right now.

My parts guy is In the process of checking the mounting bracket and spring mount......new kick stand is a little under 100.00, would be worth it to not have to worry about where to park it so it leans far enough.....Please let me know if you find something out, it could take me a while to locate a early Royal Star....Thanks Donnie

My parts guy is In the process of checking the mounting bracket and spring mount......new kick stand is a little under 100.00, would be worth it to not have to worry about where to park it so it leans far enough.....Please let me know if you find something out, it could take me a while to locate a early Royal Star....Thanks Donnie

From what I can see they are the same mounting bracket for the kick stand. They look the same and are the same part number.