IGNORED

Wolf Creek Pass.. Passible??

Scooter Bob

In early April, on a bike????:scratchchin:

I've made a few memories from following up on some old country and truck driving tunes I used to hear when I was a kid. (and still love to hear, Satelite Radio rocks):banana:

I plan on going to Luckenbach, TX at the end of March,:thumbsup2: heading back through NM, and maybe visiting an old friend that moved to Colorado Springs a few years ago.

I see Wolf Creek Pass is in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see if that top load of chickens were still laying next to that tunnel.:scratchchin:

But I don't want to bash my MRSV into the side of the feed store in downtown Pagosa Springs.:doh:

So, how are the road around there in early April?:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

In early April, on a bike????:scratchchin:

I've made a few memories from following up on some old country and truck driving tunes I used to hear when I was a kid. (and still love to hear, Satelite Radio rocks):banana:

I plan on going to Luckenbach, TX at the end of March,:thumbsup2: heading back through NM, and maybe visiting an old friend that moved to Colorado Springs a few years ago.

I see Wolf Creek Pass is in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see if that top load of chickens were still laying next to that tunnel.:scratchchin:

But I don't want to bash my MRSV into the side of the feed store in downtown Pagosa Springs.:doh:

So, how are the road around there in early April?:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Drove it for years and it can be very nice and 45 degrees and also can be 15 degrees with 2 feet or more of snow.

That time of year can be tricky. Kind of the luck of the draw. Super ride up an down but who knows, its not really spring at that time yet. I remember one time many moons ago back in the 80's, I warped the snot of out of a front rotor coming down off the north side of wolf creek. I was pulling a tent trailer and needed to slow it down fast. Got it slowed but for the rest of the trip I had a nasty pulsing when I used the front brake lever! Good luck! :080402gudl_prv:

Just check the official opening date from the state. Obviously you cannot go over it before then (in any vehicle). But even after that, while the snow may be cleared from the road, you could still hit ice from the melt flow. We were up there a couple of years ago in the spring, and while I do not remember the dates, we did not see significant snow anywhere in Colorado or Utah, even on Red Mountain Pass, but there were still 6' drifts on the shoulders in Wolf Creek Pass.