IGNORED

Lowering the RSV and aftermarket accessories

From reading on the forum I found out that by raising the back end so it was level I would get better low speed handling. I did that with the Diamond R links but I'm not happy with how tall it looks. It does handle great it's just looks I don't like. I have also read that people have lowered it with the Barons kit and then slid the forks in the trees to match. My question is has anyone left the back end stock and just lowered the front to match? I am sure I will probably go with the barons in the future, I like the lowered look, but figured this might help drivability at lower speeds and look a little better.

Question two is aftermarket accessories. I have looked and am amazed at the amount of things you can't find for the RSV anyplace but Yamaha. I am looking right now for a trunk luggage rack that will fit with the spoiler/tailight from Yamaha you put on the trunk. I saw one on a Venture but could not find a name on it and could not track down the rider. It looks to me like the Yamaha one would be too short and possibly interfere with the spoiler/taillight.

When I bought my '99RSV, it had the Baron lowering kit on the back, and the front had also been lowered. I didn't like the rear that low....easy to drag the hard parts. Plus, when we were loaded down she almost dragged the ground. So, I put the stock links back on to raise the rear back to stock height, but left the front lowered. Wow, did it ever handle better. I think it's very similar to adding the leveling links to the bike and leaving the front at stock height. You get the same handling improvement.

Joe