IGNORED

Arizona

fiveman

Hi, I am in Northern Arkansas right now waiting for money from my bank for a new toy hauler travel trailer. I have been spending hours on the internet looking at the Yuma area for motorcycle friendly RV parks. Are you folks staying in a park ? I an 59 years and looking for a adult park.

Cb

I just spent ten days in Yuma training at the Army Proving Grounds. I was shocked at the number of people there staying in basically parking lots in their mobile homes. The locals there said the population more than doubles in the winter months with snowbirds from up north. I'm not sure Yuma is a place I'd want to vacation although I;m sure there is more there then what I saw. When I was on the plane flying from LA to Yuma we flew over some roads in the mountains/hills that looked unbelievable. I'm not sure what the area is called but the twisties went on forever.

weather is usually nice along I-10, I think you would enjoy a ride to Old Tuson.

old movie set. fun place to spend an afternoon. there are several small state roads in the area to enjoy some desert riding. just stay north of the Mexico border.

If you decide to ride in to Tucson, I'd be happy to meet up with you. It would be an interesting contrast. Your brand new 2011 with my 'new looking' 1983.

There are some terrific scenic routes around here. Can't say much about Yuma...drove through there on I-8 a bunch but never really stopped for sight seeing.