IGNORED

2 Electricial Issues (LEDs Turn Signals vs Platinum Burners)

1) 89 VR. I installed 2 Amber LED Night Rider turn signals from Custom Dynamics for the Front. I followed Instructions and connected the three wires from each LED to the respective standard turnsignals. The LED wires were spliced in within about 1 foot of wire from the standard front turn signal bulb. I used a circuit tester to verify that I'm splicing into the correct wire. After the installation was completed the LED turn signals all worked as it should. The LEDs do not have parking light capabilities, they are just turn signals. When I put the 4 way flashers on the LEDs were not working. At first I was puzzled for I was expecting the 4 way flashers to activate the LEDs. Later my thoughts are that the 4 way flashers must activate just the stock parking lights rather than the stock turn signals. Maybe you all knew that but I didn't. Please correct me if needed.

However when I put the 4 way flashers on and then switch on the turn signal eithor directions, both the LEDs work inconjuction with the standard turn signal in 4 way flasher mode. There's probably an explaination for this. So if someone can put it in laymen terms I'd appreciate it.

The 2nd issue.

2) A week prior I installed a set of Walmart Platinum Burners with a switched relay powered by the Accessory fuse box screw. The lights worked great.

So today after finishing up the LED installation I tried all various combinations and this is what I've encountered.

The LED turn signals will not work with the Platinum Burners.

a) If I have eithor turn signal running, then activate the running lights the LEDs stop.

b) When I have the 4 way flashers on with the turn signals on also to activate the LEDs in 4 way flashing mode then turn on the Platinum Burners just the LEDs stop. The standard 4 way flashers work.

c) When I have the Platinum Burners on first the LEDs will not work in any combination of a) or b)

The bike has been stitting for 1 month with a 2 amp auto shut off motorcycle charger. The Bike is fairly new to me and so I have not had the battery checked nor the Stator checked.

My 89 VR has 25K miles. Oh yes I've also installed a set of Stebel TM80 Magnum Horns on a seperate relay and they work great.

I do not understand the issue I've encountered with the LEDs and Platinum Burners. I did all my testing with the engine off.

Your thoughts please.

This morning I retested the LED Turn signals with the Platinum Burners and this time they work. Hmmm, it must be that the battey was down some yesterday from all the testing for it has recharged over night. Being that the LEDs requires much less battery power to run that one would think they would work.

Oh well, I wasn't surprised that no one commented for the failure really did not make any sense.

I had a lot of looks and I thank you for that.