IGNORED

New trailer hitch and Mx

mmoffitt

Well, dad drove almost 800 miles (one way) to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It was an awesome time but I had an ulterior motive for him coming up. He's been a long time Venture rider, so I wanted his help installing my new trailer hitch and wiring, changing the oil, and just generally showing me around my new (to me) Venture. We had some good weather and my plan was successful. We got the trailer hitch installed, fabricated a bracket to hold the plug (see pics), installed the wiring harness for the trailer, changed the oil, blew out the air filters, added some seafoam to the gas, and he showed me some other areas of interest to pay attention to. Was a great visit and working in the shop with dad is ALWAYS a good time!

Edited by mmoffitt

Had a great time this weekend working on the bike and just setting around visiting.

Looking forward to seeing how the trailer comes together. From your plans, it's going to be unique for sure.

The trip home was a booger-bear with the wind through Kansas, then when we got to the Oklahoma border there was a traffic back-up at the toll gate of about 4 miles. Got home at 8:30 last night.

But the trip was well worth it.

I don't know where the tails came from. The previous owner had put them on there. I like the look of them too. He also swapped out the pipes, so they are a little bit louder than the stock ones. From what I've read, that might be an issue with sound bouncing off of my trailer...