IGNORED

84 VR carb problem

tufftom4

My bike felt sluggish so when it was cold I started it and sure as heck the front right cylinder was cold so I took out the plug, which is almost new and I use only iridium plugs, and checked for spark and had it. I am wondering if there is an easy way to clean out that one carb and not pull the whole Assembly, I always use seafoam and marvel mystery oil so I do not understand why the carb is plugged.

Tom

Should check your fuel filter. Sounds like something has got past it. Might do a good strong soak with the cleaners before you yank the carbs. Might get lucky. Mix about 1/3 Sea Foam !/3 Marvel mystery Oil 1/3 Fresh gas. Run that mix directly into the carbs and leave sit overnight. This new gas with all the gunk in it is crap. Really rough on carbs and don't like to sit any time at all.

My bike felt sluggish so when it was cold I started it and sure as heck the front right cylinder was cold so I took out the plug, which is almost new and I use only iridium plugs, and checked for spark and had it. I am wondering if there is an easy way to clean out that one carb and not pull the whole Assembly, I always use seafoam and marvel mystery oil so I do not understand why the carb is plugged.

Tom

After I did a SeaFoam treatment I still had one carb with low speed circuit issues. I turned in and counted the adjustment screw and then removed it. I stuck the little red straw on my carb cleaner can as far up the circuit as possible and gave it a good few squirts. This seemed to clear up my problem enough to run steady SeaFoam mixed gas for the next couple of tanks.

My beast seems to run better the more I ride at speed. I think I will try running 100% gas for a while and see if there is a difference . . .