IGNORED

Whine is all but gone.

GOINtoHELL

After trying a louder exhaust (barons 424). That seemed to help untill I got used to them or the whine got LOUDER. Well I decided after reading many posts on the subject to try the I basket. Went to my dealer and explained the problem, he checked with yamaha and ordered the I basket. After reading so many horror stories about the dealers not wanting to do this under warranty I thought I would have to argue but that was not the case.

Dealer ordered the part and I checked that it was the I basket when it came in. I dropped the bike off yesterday and he called for me to pick up today. I must say that I'm AMAZED at how quiet it is. I'm VERY happy I had this done. Now I only hope it stays this quiet I guess only time will tell. Here's a link of the whine.....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN9EMtI0_s]YouTube - Yamaha royal star tour deluxe whine?[/ame] and I will try to post one of how it sounds now this weekend.

THat's fantastic. I've got a 06 RSTD also. Warranty till August of next year.

You've given me the inspiration to head to my dealer and give this a shot.

I actually talked to the service mgr where I bought it at an unrelated social event. Consignment bike but at the Yamaha dealer near my house where it was orginally sold. He commented it wouldn't hurt to come by and let his guys look at it.

Think I shall now. Thanks