I've bought some coils on e-bay. They are supposed to be off of a 89 venture. My problem is these coils have all the same color wires coming out of them. Red with a white stripe and a orange wire. In the wiring diagram there is supposed to be a different colored wire from every coil. Have I been taken? Are these coils off of a 89 venture?:confused24:

I have a spare set of used coils still mounted in their rack and they are all the same wires: red/white & orange. If you look up the coil part number there is only one part number for the coils...so they are all built the same wiring color wise....it simplifies spare parts inventory.

I think you will find the wiring at the harness connectors the coils hook up to has the proper wiring colors as per the wiring diagram. Best bet is to change out one coil at a time to prevent a mixup wiring wise.

If the plug wires are originals you will see they have number tags on them for #1,#2,#3,#4.

I have a spare set of used coils still mounted in their rack and they are all the same wires: red/white & orange. If you look up the coil part number there is only one part number for the coils...so they are all built the same wiring color wise....it simplifies spare parts inventory.

I think you will find the wiring at the harness connectors the coils hook up to has the proper wiring colors as per the wiring diagram. Best bet is to change out one coil at a time to prevent a mixup wiring wise.

If the plug wires are originals you will see they have number tags on them for #1,#2,#3,#4.

Thanks for the reply. It clears up my confusion.:thumbsup2::D