Hi, I have a new to me 96 RSTC with 4x4 exhaust... i know it has the baffles in there but dang is she loud! each beat sounds like the Hammer of Thor ... BOOM BOOM BOOM... and when i "get on it" sounds like a small block w open headers....... is this normal? im only concerned with getting a ticket... other than that i love it... she did pass inspection in PA with no problems

Edited by anearthmonkey

I have one year with Haus, a new to me 99 RS boulevard with a custom quad exhaust. I do not know the aftermarket supplier but mine is obnoxious loud also. Each state is different and I don't tempt fate. I always shift up or accelerate slowly near bacon. So far no problems. I have ridden all day with it and me and the Mrs aren't bothered by it. My pipes are so loud I could not hear the oem horn above the exhaust at highway speeds when someone cut me off. Stebel Air Horn mounted under the swing arm with the inlet led up threw a fuel filter near the battery took care of that problem.

Hi, I have a new to me 96 RSTC with 4x4 exhaust... i know it has the baffles in there but dang is she loud! each beat sounds like the Hammer of Thor ... BOOM BOOM BOOM... and when i "get on it" sounds like a small block w open headers....... is this normal? im only concerned with getting a ticket... other than that i love it... she did pass inspection in PA with no problems

I put 4x4 Jardines on my '97 RSTC.

It does sound like a muscle car with headers.

I ride the Wing on longer trips.

The baffles may still be in there, but the packing may be burned out or may have been removed. You might be able to repack them and quiet them down a lot. It does make a difference. A big difference. I removed the packing and then removed the baffles in my 4x4 Krome Werks mufflers just for grins for a while. I put it back in before long though. I liked the sound, but figured I was pushing my luck for not getting a ticket. People could hear me coming from a long ways away.