IGNORED

iphone and a bluetooth headset

nbowersock

Has anyone mounted your iphone to the handlebars? I’ve found the ads so I know they exist, my questions is more about your experience. Have there been any long term issues with vibrations? Are you worried about when it rains? Do you have it wired to the bikes electrical system for power?

I am looking at getting an iphone 4 and also a Bluetooth headset (maybe scala, not sure yet). I have a Zumo 550 and am thinking I need to link the phone separately from the Zumo since the Zumo only does Bluetooth in mono, not stereo. So I woul This would require a headset that allowed for multiple connectionsd have the Zumo for traffic and Nav, and use the iphone for music and incoming only calls.

Does the iphone need to be mounted for this purpose, or would it be better to keep either in my pocket or in the saddlebag with an external power source? My commute is about an hour each way.

Has anyone mounted your iphone to the handlebars? I’ve found the ads so I know they exist, my questions is more about your experience. Have there been any long term issues with vibrations? Are you worried about when it rains? Do you have it wired to the bikes electrical system for power?

I am looking at getting an iphone 4 and also a Bluetooth headset (maybe scala, not sure yet). I have a Zumo 550 and am thinking I need to link the phone separately from the Zumo since the Zumo only does Bluetooth in mono, not stereo. So I woul This would require a headset that allowed for multiple connectionsd have the Zumo for traffic and Nav, and use the iphone for music and incoming only calls.

Does the iphone need to be mounted for this purpose, or would it be better to keep either in my pocket or in the saddlebag with an external power source? My commute is about an hour each way.

I have an iPHONe and a Scala headset. Works well.

It is mounted on the Handlebars using a RAM mount (great mounts).

when it rains, I take a plastic baggie out of my bags, place the iphone inside...and place back in the RAM.

I have an earlier Scala without the BT for the music (wish I did) and went with a FM modulator... on the charger...connected to the bike. Works well.

I have a Zumo, Iphone, and Scala. I use my stereo and speakers for the music and garmin directions. The scala for communications bike to bike and phone. The phone I leave in my saddlebag, water damage isn't covered by warranty.

When traveling by myself everything work great.

I have had some trouble when using bike to bike and scala. When taking a phone call or I get a direction from the zumo the scala doesn't always reconnect bike to bike? Maybe someone here has it all figured out?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. I now have some interesting things to consider. I will be sure to find out if the iPod function will work through the headset on whichever headset I buy. It's amazing to me that with the apps you can get for smart phones these days my Zummo 550 is almost obsolete. Almost. Think I'll keep the phone in my jacket. Most of the mounts I saw did not allow for a protective case.