IGNORED

Horn Question....

Guest Slab_Ryder

Guest Slab_Ryder

Last year, I disconnected my OEM Horn and a friend installed a 2 Trumpet Air Horn. I thought when it was done by my friend, there were 2 OEM Electric Horns. One on the right side by Floor Board, and one in the left front cowling. I took off the Air Horn and replaced it with a louder 118 db electric horn from RIVCO. I found a connector that looked like a horn connector in the left cowling, but no bracket or OEM horn. So, on 2008 RSV, is there 1 or 2 OEM Horns?

Guest PlaneCrazy
Last year, I disconnected my OEM Horn and a friend installed a 2 Trumpet Air Horn. I thought when it was done by my friend, there were 2 OEM Electric Horns. One on the right side by Floor Board, and one in the left front cowling. I took off the Air Horn and replaced it with a louder 118 db electric horn from RIVCO. I found a connector that looked like a horn connector in the left cowling, but no bracket or OEM horn. So, on 2008 RSV, is there 1 or 2 OEM Horns?

My wiring diagram shows two horns. Not sure if the second is an option though.

It is in the lower left (clutch side) cowling. It is black instead of the fake chrome that the right side OEM one is. If you aren't finding it, it is possible that a prior owner removed it or if you are the original owner maybe it wasn't installed on setup.

By the way, I hope you have your new fancy-pants horn wired up directly to the battery with an in-line fuse and activated by a relay...