IGNORED

Finally did the Dragon and Skyway

dynodon

OK, I have to fess up that I did it in my 2005 Chrysler 300c "Cage". Nicknamed the USS Saratoga. It corners a bit better than that ship though! :rasberry:

My son and I were in N. Carolina most of the week starting with last Saturday, to set up hotels and venues for a car convention we put on each year. We were looking at the Chapel Hill/Raleigh-Durham areas, and also Charlotte. (The NASCAR Hall of Fame is WONDERFUL and a must see if you get to that area!).

On the way back to Illinois we decided (well I decided, and my son, a non rider) went along with it! :)

I drove the first time through all of rt 129, and he drove back to the dragons den hotel/restaurant etc. We ate lunch there watching bikes come and go, and then drove the skyway on the way back to IL.

We had a blast, and only one Harley caught up to me, and another bike caught up to my son. We let both by as soon as possible, but were proud that our cage was able to keep up with all other traffic, in fact other than those two bikes we never saw anyone else going our direction, only bikes (and not a lot) going the other way.

There were two accidents, one had an ambulance and one did not, both were on the skyway.

I am glad I got to do it in my car, I will be much better prepared when I take my bike out that way, hopefully later this month or next.

One of my favorites, too. I live in Kennesaw, GA about 150 miles south of the Dragon, and I ride it at least once a year. A technical drive - not too much site-seeing here - you get too busy watching your line, gear choice, and brake point, but lots of fun. You will really enjoy the first time you do this on your motorcycle.

:thumbsup: