IGNORED

Starglide information

Hello everyone, I searched as suggested and read the two or three post on removing the trunk on the RSV and converting to the "Starglide". When I searched I was hoping there would be lots more info. My question is does anyone have any more input or suggestions/tips on this converseion. The basics on the trunk removel is stright forward enough but what I was looking for is any input/problem solving on what was done to fill the void (seats, back rest or luggage racks) also suggestions or alternatives to the antennas (brackets, etc). I also read the post on converting the antennas form two to one. Just didn't find anything on remounting locations or brackets to do this. Has anyone done a more indepth write up on this to include some pictures?

Dennis

flb_78, yes I read that and am awary that the CB will be lost or have to relocate. Love my RSV but since I got it I have never even used it. I even did the "Marshall Mod". Just like the look of the "Starglide". Something different!! Just curious how others that have done it delt with seat options, maybe a luggage rack inplace of passenger seat or fabed up some antenna brackets so they could keep the single or double antenna.

Dennis

Everyone here is such and inspiration. I like reading post where someone has done something different or thought out side the box. With that I would like to show off my version of my "Star Glide". Basically I just took off the trunk, keeping the bracket/support and kept my CB (even though I don't really use it). Fabricated a dimond plate platform/cover for CB and stuff. Then found a small chrome rack. I like the way it looks, hope this helps someone else!!!

Dennis

When I had my '09 Venture I wanted to make it into a solo bike. I removed the trunk and found out that all the rear seat brackets and clips for the cb wiring are all spot welded to the fender. I had made my RSTD into a solo and the rear fender had no brackets so a fender rack bolted right on and looked great. I didn't like the way the RSV looked with a rear seat and no trunk so I put it back together like it came. If I were to buy another RSV and do it again I think I'd buy a used RSTD rear fender for it.

Art708, I was all excited when I first seen these and jumped right into it. Boy what a big dissapointment when I took off the rear seat a like you seen all the "spot welded" brackets. Have a friend that has a RSTD and looked at his fender. If they came in the same colors I would consider getting another fender (RSTD) also. Just don't have the skill for painting. I have also considered fabing up some type of low profile cover that would bolt up to existing brackets and conseal all the wiring just incase I wanted to convert back.

Dennis