IGNORED

Trailer part needed

tufftom4

I have a Reese Backpacker trailer and the original prop for the top was missing when I bought it I am trying to find some sort of prop for the top. I can only put it on the front so it has to be sturdy I thought about the gas filled ones like on my truck top but it is not strong enough for just one, anyone have an idea I have called all the trailer stores around me and no one has anything. I will make a prop out of wood but I would rather have something built in.

Tom

I have a Reese Backpacker trailer and the original prop for the top was missing when I bought it I am trying to find some sort of prop for the top. I can only put it on the front so it has to be sturdy I thought about the gas filled ones like on my truck top but it is not strong enough for just one, anyone have an idea I have called all the trailer stores around me and no one has anything. I will make a prop out of wood but I would rather have something built in.

Tom

Wonder if ones for the back of cars would be more sturdy. I would check junk yards too.

e-bay item 320583929232 says its' good for 60 lbs lift.

e-bay item 350387730767 (if I am reading it right) says up to 250 lbs. They have a chart for less or more as well. I actually just bought 2 lights for the back of my scoot from them. Fast delivery. I only need the one for under the trunk for the price (2 for $30 w/ free shipping), I went ahead bought it. Only difference that I can tell between theirs and custom dynamics is the entire row lights up as a running light vs. the 3 lights from C.D.

Just went back and looked. They have one like C.D. e-bay 350388393866. I don't know if you can also do turn w/ the one from C.D. but this one you can. It is a bit cheaper especially after shipping cost.

Your local autoparts store ought to have a hefty supply of the gas-shocks on hand. You can choose the appropriate weight rating for your trailer need.

Another thought would be simply attaching a 'prop rod' like setup - mount it to the inside of the lid with a bracket of some sort for it to rest in the 'stowed' position. Then when you want to use it, open the lid and pivot the thing down; bada-bing.