IGNORED

Ignition Switch By-Pass Part Duex

pick

Again, thanks for all the help yesterday. I got the wires spliced and bought a 50amp toggle switch as per the tech. library. Question is, I had grip heaters and already have a toggle switch mounted on the plastic cover over the gas cap. I have no idea how many amps it is? It was mounted to heat my grips and had both a low and high setting. I no longer use the heaters and have removed them, but left the switch. Can I us this toggle switch instead of mounting another? Do I really need a 50 amp switch?

Again, thanks for all the help yesterday. I got the wires spliced and bought a 50amp toggle switch as per the tech. library. Question is, I had grip heaters and already have a toggle switch mounted on the plastic cover over the gas cap. I have no idea how many amps it is? It was mounted to heat my grips and had both a low and high setting. I no longer use the heaters and have removed them, but left the switch. Can I us this toggle switch instead of mounting another? Do I really need a 50 amp switch?

Most likely the 50 amp is overkill. I would think anything that can handle heated grips should be able to handle the bypass. I am sure others will chime in.

I don't think you would need a 50 amp. That's more than the bike alt puts out. I know that's how a lot of folks do it. however I put the "switch" under my seat because I only wanted mine for emergencys. I put a connector on each end that I could connect. No switch but there if I need it.

The main fuse for the bike is 30A. Therefore anything over 30A is above and beyond what is necessary.

As for what the grips were, there is no way that the grips drew more than a few Amps. I would be hesitant to run through the existing switch without knowing exactly what the switch is capable of.