Hi guys, silly question for you knowledgeable types out there.. Is the FireStick II CB antenna compatible with the mod on the bike? I can't find the reference but it's the one where you remove the OEM antennas and replace them with Firesticks..

On our recent road trip, I had been experiencing weird vibes on the bike, in the grips, floorboards etc... and poof, the vibes went away.. so did my CB antenna.. croid, the vibes were from the antenna coming loose in it's mount.. groan.

While in the US, I picked up an inexpensive FireStick II CB antenna to plug the hole with.. This antenna is thicker and less flexible than the other ones and has a red cap vice a black one.

Is this OK to use, or will it cause any probs? I don't use comms often on the bike, but would sometimes listen in on CB for reports and such.. I didn't get a chance to try out the new antenna yet..

Any ideas?

Just kidding.

The original mod suggested the Firefly because it is lighter. No reason the Firestik won't work as long as you can tune it to a reasonable SWR. I can't imagine it's heavy enough to break the mounting hardware.