IGNORED

Need advise on lowering

starkruzen

I'm vertically challenged. About 30" inseam and I can't get flat footed on the ground. Any advise on the easiest way to lower the bike about 2"?

As always, any assistant you could afford me will be greatly appreciated. By the way, I have a 2007 RSTD.

Being Vertically Challenged also, I had the same issue with my 1st Gen. Really couldn't find a good way to lower it so I shaved the padding in the seat down about 4 inches and actually made it more comfortable. One interesting thing I did find in the process was if you narrow the front of the seat where it meets the tank, it will give you a much better stance to get your feet on the ground. The narrowing actually helped more than shaving off the height.

I am not thinking you can lower the front on the RSTD like you can on the RSV. I have my RSV lowered both front and rear, but I believe the only way you can lower the front is by purchasing a kit vs. sliding the forks up. However, lowering the rear should be the same. You might try lowering the rear and going with the smaller tire on front as some of the members have done. I don't remember what size tire they used on front.

You might send Rick a note asking about getting your seat narrowed and shaved down. I didn't mention that I have also had Rick Butler rework my seat after I had lowered the bike. I am very satisfied with both modifications. I know several who have lowered their bikes and would not go back to stock height.

The Yamaha starts off with 1" more ground clearance than the Harley Ultra. For me, giving up 1" doesn't really create a hazzard for me. Guess each one needs to look at their own bike and do what is right for them.

Yamaha Royal Star Dimensions

Ground Clearance (in) : 6.1

2010 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide FLHTCU

Dimensions

Ground Clearance 5.10 in.