IGNORED

Oil in the Air Induction box

piper

Hi every one have not being on this site for a while got my self a classic CZ 1948 Perak (feather) Model 11 and trying to find info and parts for it.I am at 90,000 km full services vale shims, carb sink, greasing, plus more but when I pull the air induction box off and found oil in the left side and oil water muck in the left and right sides were could this oil and water be coming from.

Edited by piper
try to upload photos

I am going to share some general Motorcycle knowledge here because I have never worked on this type of motorcycle and have never personally seen this member's bike.

Engine blow by from the crankcase has been vacuumed from the crankcase into the air box by way of the crankcase vent tube. Moisture introduced into the air box by way of the intake in the form of rain or condensation has mixed with the oil from the crankcase vent tube agitated with high speed air, also from the air intake (much like a pneumatic blender) has formed the bubbly concoction you have found in the air box. If this was found on the outside of the air filter then no harm, no foul. If this was found on the inside (Carb. side) of the filter then check/replace the air filter and check the sealing areas of the filter and air box.

Hope this helps, :thumbsup2:

Earl

As the oil is coming from through the vent tub.

Could this mean that ( because I keep the oil level full ? ) or

( I mite be using the wrong oil ? ) for this type of motor.:confused24:

I have being all ways using Shell Advance VSX 4 stroke a synthetic performance oil 15W-50.