Hi folks ,I have a question,my 1990 venture 1300 has carb problems,as they seem to be running very rich, I am having a lot of problems with plug fouling,and terrible fuel mileage,also at times one or two of the carbs will start puking fuel out of the overflow tubes ,telling me that the floats are stuck or there may be trash in the system. Should I go to the trouble of pulling the carbs(ugh) or trying to clean the system with chemical treatments ie seafoam, the bike also seems to bog down at high rpms...HELP!!! THANKS, Ben.:confused24:

Hi and thanks for the reply, I bought the bike from a friend 3 yrs ago ,before that it sat for two yrs in a shop all but forgotten,when I got the bike it was a basket case,with some help from my friend we put it back together ,I had to buy some used parts from Pinwall cycles ie the boost sensor and few non essential parts. The bike has 50,000 miles on it ,no smoke and all else works ,the carbs have been gone through twice ,once by me and once by a mechanic supposedly familiar with VR's. I have been riding off and on since I was 19 . I love to ride this bike as when it runs good it's like a caddilac of bikes,smooth as glass with plenty of power when needed, any help would be appreciated,Ben.

I'd suspect the vacuum booster not giving signals to the TCI for proper timing. The '90 TCI is not like the 86-89, but digital. During the rebuild if you used a TCI from an earlier model VR, it might also be your problem. You might also have choke enrichment plungers that are not releasing all the way. When the choke linkage is all the way off the rod control yoke should 'float' freely in the groove.. These are just guesses, but it's a start...