IGNORED

Pioneer Inno....Anyone use one?

Mariner Fan

I have an XM radio in my truck and love it. Of course I'm very interested in having XM on my Venture as well.

Now I'm debating on what way to go. One thought is to buy a Pioneer Inno and connecting it through my speakers on the bike. I'm thinking that this would work nicely because it's compact and I can use it in my wifes car as well.

Has anyone else done this? Pros/Cons?

Thanks,

Bob

I've had one since July and have it mounted on the bike. It works great, choose between XM or what you've put on the MP3. Will even record songs to the MP3 from XM. Downside is it is very difficult to operate while on the bike with all the combinations of button to push just to change the channel. Does come with a remote, so if you got the navigator along she can also be in charge of what you listen to.......I think its a conspiracy.........her or music or the game and she's in charge of the remote?

Ol' Erns

I can honestly say without bias that Pioneer makes some of the best products on the market. The Inno is a revolutionary product that everyone will be playing catch-up to in the next couple of years. One of the biggest perks is being able to record songs off of XM. No more trying to remember a song untill you get home to download it. I am looking at one of these but money is an issue right now. My aunt works for Pioneer and she informed me that they had motorcycle riders in mind when they designed the Inno. Any feedback that a rider can provide would be great for changes for upcoming models.

I've had one since July and have it mounted on the bike. It works great, choose between XM or what you've put on the MP3. Will even record songs to the MP3 from XM. Downside is it is very difficult to operate while on the bike with all the combinations of button to push just to change the channel. Does come with a remote, so if you got the navigator along she can also be in charge of what you listen to.......I think its a conspiracy.........her or music or the game and she's in charge of the remote?

Ol' Erns

Couple of questions. How did you mount it? Does the battery last very long? I think the battery issue might be the only thing that is causing me to pause in buying one.

I got the car kit with mine. It is then plugged in to the accessory on the left side of the fairing. I then bought a mount for a motorcycle radar detector so it sits directly in front of the cassette door. Instead of the FM modulator, I use the cassette. Owners manual suggests it for better sound. As far as battery life goes, I've used it when on the lawn mower etc.....with out any issues. Battery has lasted over 4 hours. It also came with the home kit, so I have that hooked into the stereo system in the garage. If you want to use it as a 'personnel XM' it comes with a case that hooks to your belt. Downside is that your body blocks the antennae and the ear buds left a lot to be desired. Pioneers fix for that is to purchase the headphones with the antennae built in. Like I said in the earlier post, downfall is the difficulty with all the combinations of buttons to push to change the channel and the display could be brighter. Got mine off Ebay from an XM dealer. There was a rebate back then so it was pretty good deal. If I remeber I'll try to post a picture.

Erns

I got the car kit with mine. It is then plugged in to the accessory on the left side of the fairing. I then bought a mount for a motorcycle radar detector so it sits directly in front of the cassette door. Instead of the FM modulator, I use the cassette. Owners manual suggests it for better sound. As far as battery life goes, I've used it when on the lawn mower etc.....with out any issues. Battery has lasted over 4 hours. It also came with the home kit, so I have that hooked into the stereo system in the garage. If you want to use it as a 'personnel XM' it comes with a case that hooks to your belt. Downside is that your body blocks the antennae and the ear buds left a lot to be desired. Pioneers fix for that is to purchase the headphones with the antennae built in. Like I said in the earlier post, downfall is the difficulty with all the combinations of buttons to push to change the channel and the display could be brighter. Got mine off Ebay from an XM dealer. There was a rebate back then so it was pretty good deal. If I remeber I'll try to post a picture.

Erns

Looking forward to seeing the picture. Changing channels would be no problem since I stay on 175 or 150.