IGNORED

Question for cell phone and computer wiz?

star4772

I have an HTC HERO sprint cell phone I am looking for a cable to hook to my laptop so I can get the internet on my laptop from my cell phone. Someone mentioned a patch cable where do I find this and do I need any software with it.

Joe :fingers-crossed-emo

I would first off call your provider to see if your cell phone is compatible to tether. In the past I did the same before I ventured off to do so. Cause if the phone cannot do so , no sense waiting time.

If it is applicable, check to see if your cell phone charger cable is USB. I so , you already have it in most cases! You now only need the software . If not , do a search for cable to fit your phone. Google is the best way or call your provider to get item# and then search E-Bay. Your provider can also supply the software free of charge. I had Alltel , now Verizon. They can set you up. Just do not get the high priced monthly service. They also have a $30.00 a month service at which you can turn off and on as you want. Don't let them BS you.

Now if you are on the DROID system.........download PdaNet! Free off of the Market apps. They have a paid app version to visit HTTPS sites. Free version is super fast for what it is .

BEER30

I just Googled the HTC Hero. My son has it. Just grab PdaNet off Market Place (free version) .

Then tether the phone to the computer , activate the program and allow it to mount (push "Enable USB Tehter on cell phone screen). It will them prompt you to download to your computer. Do so or go to junefabricsDOTcom and download latest version on you laptop.

Once you mounted (tethered) the phone to the computer , click on the PdaNet Icon on the computer and click connect. Now you online and have fun!

BEER30

I just Googled the HTC Hero. My son has it. Just grab PdaNet off Market Place (free version) .

Then tether the phone to the computer , activate the program and allow it to mount (push "Enable USB Tehter on cell phone screen). It will them prompt you to download to your computer. Do so or go to junefabricsDOTcom and download latest version on you laptop.

Once you mounted (tethered) the phone to the computer , click on the PdaNet Icon on the computer and click connect. Now you online and have fun!

BEER30

Hey that sounds really good i will have to try and see if it works. I will let you know.

Thanks Joe

I have an HTC HERO sprint cell phone I am looking for a cable to hook to my laptop so I can get the internet on my laptop from my cell phone. Someone mentioned a patch cable where do I find this and do I need any software with it.

Joe :fingers-crossed-emo

Hi Joe;

I have a Verizon HTC TP2. My solution was to but & install WMWIFI Router. It cost about $30 & works great.

Essentially it turns your phone into a 4 port wireless router. My wife & i just connect to it wireless & am on the Internet. The program is very easy to start & use.

JohnB