IGNORED

ABS Lower Plastic Fairings on my '83 VR Crumbling

What are you guys doing about repairing/replacing the lower 2 fwd fairings due to crumbling ABS plastic?

Mine are in pretty bad shape, and actually are beginnning to crumble at both attach points and, in the case of the lower fwd piece in front of the exhaust, it literally crumbled into several pieces.

Did a search on some of the usual parts sites, but they are pretty expensive. Any ideas?

What are you guys doing about repairing/replacing the lower 2 fwd fairings due to crumbling ABS plastic?

Mine are in pretty bad shape, and actually are beginnning to crumble at both attach points and, in the case of the lower fwd piece in front of the exhaust, it literally crumbled into several pieces.

Did a search on some of the usual parts sites, but they are pretty expensive. Any ideas?

If you can get them to stay in place, some ABS cement will hold it. You can find it in Home Depot by the PVC cement. Just make sure you get the one for ABS.

Bunch of us use this stuff....

http://www.plastex.net/index.php?pr=Repaired_Photos

Brian,

Thanks for the tip. That one piece on the front part of the bike below the radiator was the one that literally crumbled into pieces. Believe I can use plastex and aluminum tape to repair the lower fwd fairings. Got a piece of aluminum for the false tank cover.