IGNORED

OK, gave the CT a fair shake but

BuddyRich

I am going back to a MT just as fast as I can. I installed a Nexen a couple of weeks ago. The first thing I noticed is the bike seemed very light to push. It was great on the tar snakes too, could not even feel a tar snake in the rear.But that's about the only good things I could say. I lost all confidence in control ability. at 70 or higher I got the wiggle, which feels very similar to being in the draft of a big rig. On a 90 degree curve at some point in the curve the bike would want to turn even deeper/sharper and I would have to correct for that.I assuming that's the sharper edge on the CT causing that. BUT the biggest factor is the CT wanting to follow even the smallest depression or rise in the road to the point that the bike feels like its constantly wandering over the road. I have this strange desire for the feeling of complete control on the bike with no surprises so its back to a MT for me.

I had similar experience with the Nexen. I guess I learned to compensate for the handling characteristics and really didn't notice it much anymore. Saturday I had a blowout from road debris.

Gunboat had a Kumho which we mounted up in the Nexen's place. Man, what a difference! Feels much more stable. It still wants to track on uneven surfaces, but much better than the Nexen.

I understand the Nexen is a 2 ply rating for the sidewall where the Kumho and Goodrich are 4 ply.