IGNORED

help from gps experts

jlh3rd

i have a garmin 265wt...i loaded what is supposed to be a rt 66 map....all that shows up in the gps are POI's..for example ...n101..n stands for new mexico.....so, to make the gps follow rt 66...do i have to put every POI in as a "via" point...

this is where my ignorance comes in...i have micro. streets and trips...older version....and maybe i can use that....i'll look at mapquest and harley.....but i really don't know what i'm doing...just like i downloaded this rt 66 program and then i go..."now what"....

hit your "Where to" button. At the next page you should have a routes selection, that is if your unit allows you to download routes.

There are others on the site that will chime in a be able to help more than I can. I'm sure there are some on here who have your model GPS that can answer your specific question.

I'm just trying to help till they log on. In the mean time I'll do a search on line and see if I can figure out what your unit will do.

this is where my ignorance comes in...i have micro. streets and trips...older version....and maybe i can use that....i'll look at mapquest and harley.....but i really don't know what i'm doing...just like i downloaded this rt 66 program and then i go..."now what"....

Streets and trips can interface with the GPS to read to the computer 'where you are at' but you cannot do any route loading or whatever to the GPS from it. It is purely used as a sensor.

slick

after hitting "where to"....my choices are :..address...go home...points of interest ( POI)......recently found...favorites....intersections...extras....cities....browse map....and coordinates

so it appears i don't have route load capability.....i guess...

slick

after hitting "where to"....my choices are :..address...go home...points of interest ( POI)......recently found...favorites....intersections...extras....cities....browse map....and coordinates

so it appears i don't have route load capability.....i guess...

They're all somewhat different, but after looking at the owner's manual online, I don't think you have the route download ability. I may be wrong and believe me, someone will point that out if I am.

Good Luck.

They're all somewhat different, but after looking at the owner's manual online, I don't think you have the route download ability. I may be wrong and believe me, someone will point that out if I am.

Good Luck.

You are correct. Regretabally the Garmin 265wt does NOT have custom route capibality.